Nottingham Forest have reportedly identified Atletico Madrid defender Renan Lodi as a preferred signing ahead of the end of the summer transfer window.
The newly-promoted side have been constantly in the headlines having made as many as 15 first-team signings since securing a return to the Premier League.
Despite the array of new faces, Forest have collected four points from their opening three league games, including posting a win over West Ham United.
However, head coach Steve Cooper revealed at a press conference on Friday that he is still in the market for more additions over the coming days.
According to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, Forest want to get a deal over the line for another left-sided player in Lodi.
Cooper has already brought in two players for that particular wing-back role this campaign with Omar Richards and Harry Toffolo arriving at the City Ground.
As it stands, though, the former is sidelined with a hairline fracture of his leg, leaving Cooper keen to ensure that he has further competition in that area of the pitch.
Earlier this summer, it was suggested that Lodi may be priced out of an exit from Wanda Metropolitano with the 24-year-old having dropped behind Yannick Carrasco in the pecking order.
Saul Niguez is also an alternative as backup after his return from Chelsea, but it now appears that Diego Simeone is prepared to part ways with the Brazilian.
Romano says that Forest have offered to pay a loan fee of €5m (£4.24m) with the option of pushing through a permanent deal for €30m (£25.44m) also a possibility.
Both the player and club are said to be contemplating those terms, with Lodi known to be keen for first-team football ahead of the World Cup.
He made a total of 42 appearances in all competitions during 2021-22, but the signs are there that he will not be used on a regular basis by Simeone over the coming months.
However, Atletico remain in a strong position with regards to his future with three years still left to run on his contract.