Chelsea will reportedly not allow Trevoh Chalobah to leave the club during the summer transfer window.
Chalobah has just started his second full season at Stamford Bridge having proven to be a valuable squad member during 2021-22.
However, the academy graduate failed to make an appearance during Chelsea’s opening three Premier League fixtures this campaign, resulting in widespread speculation regarding his future.
Reports from numerous outlets claimed that the 23-year-old was highly likely to go out on loan with admirers emerging from the Premier League and abroad.
As well as the likes of Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur reportedly monitoring the situation, AC Milan, Inter Milan and RB Leipzig were also said to be realistic destinations.
Nevertheless, head coach Thomas Tuchel has been lacking in central-defensive numbers and he has frequently spoken about his limited options in that area of the pitch.
The expected acquisition of Leicester City’s Wesley Fofana would seemingly give the green light for Chalobah to explore his options elsewhere.
However, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, it has now been agreed that the Englishman will remain in West London for the foreseeable future.
Both Tuchel and co-owner Todd Boehly are said to be happy with the decision to keep Chalobah at the club for at least the first half of the season.
Earlier this weekend, Chalobah was provided with his first start of the season as Chelsea recorded a 2-1 victory over Leicester City in the top flight.
Chalobah initially started alongside Thiago Silva in a back four before he featured on the right-hand side of a back three after the dismissal of Conor Gallagher.
That game represented Chalobah’s 25th start for the Blues in all competitions, with a further six outings coming from the substitutes’ bench.
Despite the return of Kalidou Koulibaly from suspension, Chalobah will hope to retain his spot in the first XI for Tuesday’s fixture at Southampton.