Paris Saint-Germain have allegedly identified Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez as their number one target to replace Kylian Mbappe amid the speculation surrounding the Frenchman’s future.
Mbappe only signed a new contract in Paris over the summer, but the attacker is reportedly now looking to leave the French champions in 2023.
A recent report claimed that the France international feels ‘betrayed’ by the club and is of the opinion that a number of promises have been broken.
Mbappe is believed to have been told by PSG that Robert Lewandowski, Milan Skriniar and Bernardo Silva would arrive at the club during the summer transfer window.
However, Lewandowski made the move to Barcelona from Bayern Munich, while Skriniar and Silva stayed at Inter Milan and Manchester City respectively.
Mbappe is said to be determined to push through an exit next year, while Lionel Messi‘s contract at the club is also due to expire in the summer of 2023.
As a result, PSG are expected to spend big on a new centre-forward next summer, and according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Martinez has been identified as the club’s number one target.
The report claims that the capital giants would be prepared to pay in the region of €75m (£65.3m) for the Argentina international, who has also recently been linked with Manchester United.
Martinez has been with Inter since July 2018, making the move to the Italian giants from Racing Club.
The striker’s future has been consistently called into question over the last few years, with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester City all believed to be long-term admirers.
Martinez has scored five goals and registered two assists in 14 appearances in all competitions during the 2022-23 campaign, including four goals in Serie A.
The forward also starred for the Italian outfit in their 3-3 draw with Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday night, scoring and providing an assist at Camp Nou.
Martinez has a record of 78 goals and 26 assists in 194 appearances for Inter in all competitions, and he has a contract at San Siro until the summer of 2026.
A recent report claimed that Man United had been in touch with Inter to discuss a possible move, but the Serie A giants made it clear that the South American was not for sale under any circumstances.