Sports News

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘offered £186m deal by Al Nassr’

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘offered £186m deal by Al Nassr’

Former Manchester United attacker Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly been offered a mammoth deal worth up to $225m (£186.1m) by Saudi Arabian giants Al-Nassr.

The 37-year-old officially became a free agent earlier this month after his contract with the Red Devils was terminated by mutual consent.

Just before his exit, Ronaldo blasted the club in an explosive interview with Piers Morgan, launching scathing attacks on the likes of Erik ten Hag and the Glazer family.

Ten Hag supposedly told the board that Ronaldo should never play for the club again in the wake of his comments, which unsurprisingly spelled the end of his second spell at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo is currently focusing all his efforts on Portugal’s World Cup 2022 campaign, but speculation surrounding his next club move is starting to gather pace.

Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo during training on November 14, 2022© Reuters

Chelsea and Sporting Lisbon have been credited with an interest in the Portugal international should he decide to continue in Europe amid his desire to play Champions League football.

However, a move to Saudi Arabia has also been strongly mooted, with the likes of Al-Hilal reportedly prepared to offer him a deal that would see him become the highest-paid player in the world.

Now, CBS Sports claims that fellow Saudi club Al-Nassr also harbour ambitions of bringing Ronaldo to the Middle East, and a three-year deal is on the table.

The contract would see Ronaldo continue his playing career into his 40s, and there is said to be optimism about the striker’s chances of playing in the Middle East.

Talks are supposedly already at an advanced stage, with Al-Nassr initiating contact with Ronaldo’s camp over the summer, and he would earn a whopping $75m (£62m) per year.

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo in action against Aston Villa on November 3, 2022© Reuters

Should Ronaldo decide to take Al-Nassr up on their mammoth offer, the report adds that the formalities of the deal would not take long to complete.

Ronaldo left Man United after coming up with just three goals and two assists in 16 games in the 2022-23 season, having only played a bit-part role under Ten Hag.

Tensions reached boiling point when Ronaldo refused to come on as a substitute against Tottenham Hotspur in October, but he had begun to force his way into the first XI prior to the World Cup.

The former Real Madrid and Juventus man was on target in Portugal’s opening 3-2 win over Ghana on Thursday, making him the first man in history to score in five World Cups.

A Selecao will hope to book their place in the last 16 of the competition when they resume Group H duties against Uruguay on Monday.

ID:500716:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect5830:

You may also like

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments