Sports News

Atletico Madrid ‘have received no bids for Manchester United-linked Joao Felix’

Atletico Madrid ‘have received no bids for Manchester United-linked Joao Felix’

Atletico Madrid have reportedly received no bids for forward Joao Felix amid interest from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old has been strongly linked with a move away from Wanda Metropolitano in recent months following a difficult start to the 2022-23 campaign.

Felix has recorded only three goals and three assists in 17 appearances for Atletico across all competitions so far this season and he has struggled for regular first-team football under Diego Simeone.

A recent report claims that Man United have been told by Atletico that they are willing to listen to offers for the Portuguese attacker, who cost around £114m from Benfica in 2019.

A separate report, meanwhile, claims that Los Colchoneros rejected a £85m offer from German giants Bayern Munich over the summer.

Atletico Madrid's Joao Felix pictured on August 15, 2022© Reuters

However, according to AS, Atletico are yet to receive any enquiries or offers for Felix, who has expressed his desire to leave the club.

The report adds that Felix is ‘disappointed’ with Simeone after falling down the pecking order and an exit in the January transfer window will be considered.

It is understood that ‘several entities’ are waiting in the wings to negotiate a potential exit for Felix, but the attacker is currently focused on representing Portugal at the 2022 World Cup.

A loan move away from Atletico is allegedly the most interesting option for all parties, but a permanent transfer could also be on the cards if the right offer is received.

Joao Felix warms up for Atletico Madrid on September 7, 2022© Reuters

Felix still has four years remaining on his contract in the Spanish capital, and Simeone has expressed his desire to keep hold of the attacker.

“Joao is one of the players who has scored the most goals out of the forwards we have, beyond the fact that he has three now,” Simeone told reporters.

“He has the goal and hopefully he can continue to be with us because we need him.”

While Man United are said to have identified Felix as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, the Red Devils could face competition from both Bayern and Paris Saint-Germain for his signature.

ID:500323:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect5189:

You may also like

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments